Enable current song display in your Jabber status message (Psi)
- Download the foobar2000 plugin foo_tunefile
- Install it, then set the filename to
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\PsiData\tune
- Enable "Publish tune" in Psi (it's in the "Status"-tab)
If your Jabber server supports it (pubsub? fixme), your status message will contain the current song playing.
- Download foo_audioscrobbler
- Install, go to Preferences, Tools, Audioscrobbler and enter your last.fm credentials
- If a song fails to display on last.fm, open the console to see why
This seems to mess things up as fuck. I have no nerves to debug the issues (imaginary clicking sounds, Windows slowdowns) any further. It might be needless anyway.